- Organisation Member
Professional Membership Requirements
- Aromatherapy and Essential Oils 200 hours
- Aromatherapy Massage 140 hours
- Anatomy, Physiology & Pathology 150 hours
- Holistic Aromatherapy Consultation/Treatment 150 Hours
- Current first Aid Certificate
NZROHA Registered Professional Members:
Professional Members are Holistic Aromatherapists who have met the NZROHA professional standards of training criteria and have been accepted by the NZROHA Registration Board and Executive Committee onto the Register.
If you are wishing to become a member of NZROHA, and you have completed your training to NZQA's Level 6 requirements, then you are automatically accepted for membership. As we have a reciprocal agreement with IFPA ( International Federation of Holistic Aromatherapists) we accept IFPA members for membership as well . If you have trained with a Level 4 school, you must complete the necessary case studies as required.
To retain Professional Membership members must pay their subscription fees by 31 March, provide evidence of their current First Aid Certificate, bi-annually complete and provide evidence to the Register of their minimum 20 hours professional development, consistent with recommendations of the Register.
Only NZROHA Professional Members are entitled to use the NZROHA initials and logo, be listed on our Sharing Aromatherapy Journal & Website Members Directory, vote on matters at AGM and General Meetings, apply for individual membership and Professional Liability Insurance of the NZ Charter of Health Practitioners Inc, and participate in NZROHA sponsored promotions.
NZROHA Associate Members
- Qualified aromatherapists who have attained Register training standards and are gaining workplace and/or clinic based experience to achieve their professional recognition, must hold a current First Aid Certificate.
- OR - Currently training in Aromatherapy and wishing to be part of the NZROHA.
- OR - Individuals, organisations, or businesses that wish to become a member of NZROHA and be involved in the professional Aromatherapy community in NZ.
- Private Training Establishment, Institute, Polytechnic, or University offering Aromatherapy courses.
All Professional and Associate Members must abide by the NZROHA
Rules, Code of Ethics and Code of Practice. They are entitled to receive the quarterly "Sharing Aromatherapy" journal, pay reduced fees for NZROHA Conference's and workshops, may be nominated to serve the Register as a member of the NZROHA Executive Committee, and may borrow from the NZROHA Library
Please contact NZROHA
to receive further information, to arrange a mentor, journal subscription, or if you are a Training Provider wishing to join us.
20 hours Upskilling for Professional Membership
Professional Development Record
Registration Form for Professionals
Registration Form for Associates